the westside is inundated with creamy whip stands: buster's, putz's, keller's cone zone (formerly tummy treats), sweets and eats, general custer's last ice cream stand (i'm sure i'm forgetting some), and my particular favorite, the zip dip.
so here are my top 5 favorite fantastic ways to enjoy creamy whip, in all its glory:
- the twist cone. whether it be orange/vanilla or chocolate/vanilla, there's the sublime joy of the flavors mingling in your mouth.
- red dip. i think it's supposed to be cherry, but really it's that fabulous faux red-flavored solid shell. eat it fast. melting ice cream will seep through the cracks.
- oreo parfait. have you ever met a person, you say, "let's get some parfait," they say, "hell no, i don't like no parfait"? parfaits are delicious.
- jimmies. yeah, that's right, i said jimmies. that's 'sprinkles' for all you eastsiders.
- put it in a mini plastic baseball hat. sweet. just rinse it well before turning the hat over to the pug.